Cumin, picante sauce and avocado do a terrific job of jazzing up rice in this versatile side dish.—Margaret Wagner Allen, Abingdon, Virginia
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in picante sauce; heat through. Stir in avocado and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cumin Rice with Avocado in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p21
Reviews for Cumin Rice with Avocado
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review