- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in picante sauce; heat through. Stir in avocado and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cumin Rice with Avocado(4)
Sort By :
Excellent way to give variety to your rice. Great for stuffing peppers or burritos (add beans).
This is very tasty. Not being an avocado eater, I must say I only made it to use up an avocado I needed to get rid of. I would make it again, but I still can't say I love the avocado. This recipe would be just fine without it also. Next time I may use green pepper and tomato instead but I won't write off the avocado!
I'm looking forward to trying this recipe! Thanks!
This is such a great recipe. My boyfriend's mother even loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >