Carrots and green peppers bring extra color and crunch to this refreshing cucumber salad from Karla Hecht, Plymouth, Minnesota. The sweet dressing she creates is an ideal match for the crisp summer produce.
- 5 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, carrots, onion and green pepper. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Combine sugar and vinegar. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cukes and Carrots in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p57
Reviews for Cukes and Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review