Cuernavaca Casserole Recipe
This dish is the perfect complement to any kind of barbecued meat; just add a salad for a complete meal. Leftovers are good served with a chili topping.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- In small bowl, mix cornmeal, salt and soda. In large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; blend in cornmeal mixture. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cuernavaca Casserole in Country February/March 1990, p49
Reviews for Cuernavaca Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review