Cucumbers with Tapenade Mousse Recipe
Crisp cucumber rounds act as the base for this deliciously different appetizer. Piping the savory mousse-like filling onto each cucumber creates a stunning presentation.—Mary Brinkhaus, Bloomington, Minnesota
- 1 English cucumber
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pitted Greek olives, optional
- 1. Peel strips from cucumber to create a decorative edge; cut cucumber into 1/4-in. slices. Blot with paper towels to remove excess moisture; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, tapenade and salt.
- 3. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- 4. Pipe or dollop mousse onto cucumber slices. Garnish with olives if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 23 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cucumbers with Tapenade Mousse
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC