Cucumbers with Tapenade Mousse
Crisp cucumber rounds act as the base for this deliciously different appetizer. Piping the savory mousse-like filling onto each cucumber creates a stunning presentation.—Mary Brinkhaus, Bloomington, Minnesota
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 English cucumber
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pitted Greek olives, optional
- Peel strips from cucumber to create a decorative edge; cut cucumber
- into 1/4-in. slices. Blot with paper towels to remove excess
- moisture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, tapenade and salt.
- In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream
- cheese mixture.
- Pipe or dollop mousse onto cucumber slices. Garnish with olives if
- desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer (calculated without olive garnish) equals 23 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.