Sprinkling cucumber slices with salt and letting them stand in a colander draws out excess water so the stay crisp when set on a barbecue buffet. Try them alongside any grilled entree. —Light & Tasty Test Kitchen
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumber slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring once. Rinse and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, dill, sugar and pepper. Add cucumbers; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cucumbers with Dill in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p17
Reviews for Cucumbers with Dill
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2015
"Easy and delicious!"
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2014
"Delicious, refreshing, and easy! This recipe is a nice change from the creamy style recipes."
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2011
"We enjoyed these cucumbers at our fourth of July bbq! A pickle lover will love these : )"