During the heat of summer, it's nice to offer lighter fare. These cold snacks are a great addition to a picnic buffet.
—Cheryl Stevens, Carrollton, Texas
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 3 medium cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- Dill sprigs
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cucumber slices with lemon-pepper. Top each with about 1-1/2
- teaspoons crab mixture; garnish with a dill sprig. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 pieces (calculated without lemon-pepper seasoning and dill) equals 45 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.