Cucumber Whimsies Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 3 medium cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- Dill sprigs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Sprinkle cucumber slices with lemon-pepper. Top each with about 1-1/2 teaspoons crab mixture; garnish with a dill sprig. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 dozen.
3 each: 45 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Cucumber Whimsies
"Did not enjoy these flavors together. Actually threw the leftover out!"
"I left out the cayenne pepper and the fresh dill and it was still great! I also used immitation crab that was frozen instead of the can and everyone raved about how good these were."