- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 3 medium cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- Dill sprigs
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cucumber slices with lemon-pepper. Top each with about 1-1/2 teaspoons crab mixture; garnish with a dill sprig. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cucumber Whimsies
"Did not enjoy these flavors together. Actually threw the leftover out!"
"I left out the cayenne pepper and the fresh dill and it was still great! I also used immitation crab that was frozen instead of the can and everyone raved about how good these were."