During the heat of summer, it's nice to offer lighter fare. These cold snacks are a great addition to a picnic buffet. —Cheryl Stevens, Carrollton, Texas
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 3 medium cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- Dill sprigs
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cucumber slices with lemon-pepper. Top each with about 1-1/2 teaspoons crab mixture; garnish with a dill sprig. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cucumber Whimsies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p229
Reviews for Cucumber Whimsies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review