Cucumber Tuna Appetizers Recipe
When my grandmother emigrated from Italy, she brought along her love of cooking, which she then passed on to me. Using cucumber slices instead of bread adds crunch as well as nutrition.—Lisa DiVito, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first ten ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve on cucumber slices. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 30 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC