Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
"My mother shared the recipe with me after falling in love with this fresh-tasting dish at a family reunion," relates Leslie Monroe of Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. "When it's made with garden-grown cucumbers and tomatoes, it's more than tasty- it's sublime."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:14 servings
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Combine salad dressing and sugar substitute; pour over vegetables. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup ) equals 29 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC