Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Combine salad dressing and sugar substitute; pour over vegetables. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
1/2 cup: 29 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Cucumber Tomato Salad
"I made this tonight to go with my dinner. I didn't have fat free dressing so I used Olive Garden Italian dressing and it turned out really good. Even my 14 year old ate it and liked it "for vegetables". I will be making this again."
"I've made this recipe many times over the years. I think the best to use is the fat-free Zesty Italian dressing. It's absolutely heavenly with fresh garden veggies."