Cucumber Tomato Salad
"My mother shared the recipe with me after falling in love with this fresh-tasting dish at a family reunion," relates Leslie Monroe of Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. "When it's made with garden-grown cucumbers and tomatoes, it's more than tasty- it's sublime."
14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, green pepper and onion.
- Combine salad dressing and sugar substitute; pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup ) equals 29 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.