"My mother shared the recipe with me after falling in love with this fresh-tasting dish at a family reunion," relates Leslie Monroe of Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. "When it's made with garden-grown cucumbers and tomatoes, it's more than tasty- it's sublime."
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Combine salad dressing and sugar substitute; pour over vegetables. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber Tomato Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p17
Reviews for Cucumber Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2010
"I've made this recipe many times over the years. I think the best to use is the fat-free Zesty Italian dressing. It's absolutely heavenly with fresh garden veggies."