Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
My children wanted to plant a garden, and we ended up with buckets of cucumbers. When I tired of making pickles, I came up with these pretty, little sandwiches. We made 200 of them for a family gathering, and everyone wanted the recipe.
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Cucumber slices and fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; beat until
- blended. Stir in the cucumbers, red pepper, onion, olives and
- parsley. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Remove crusts from bread; cut each slice into four triangles. Spread
- with cream cheese mixture. Garnish with cucumber slices and dill
- sprigs if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.