Cucumber Tea Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Cucumber slices and fresh dill sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Stir in the cucumbers, red pepper, onion, olives and parsley. Chill for up to 2 hours.
- 2. Remove crusts from bread; cut each slice into four triangles. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Garnish with cucumber slices and, if desired, dill sprigs. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
"Love this recipe! Great for vegetarians! Thanks for sharing!"
"I absolutely adore these. Everyone raves about them and wants the recipe. The key to preparing these which these instructions leave out, is to slice the cucumbers and place them on a plate or a cookie sheet lines with paper towels. Sprinkle the cucumber slices with salt and let sit for a few minutes. Then dry them off real well with paper towels. Everything must be dry. This prevents your mixture from being runny. This recipe is easily doubled and I take it to events at our church. Great for a baby shower."
"I really didn't care for these much. I found the mixture to be too runny and it made the sandwiches very messy to eat."
"I left out the pimiento-stuffed olives and dill and replaced the sweet red pepper with green onion tops. They still turned out yummy; particularly on homemade wheat bread!"