Cucumber Tea Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Cucumber slices and fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Stir in the cucumbers, red pepper, onion, olives and parsley. Chill for up to 2 hours.
- Remove crusts from bread; cut each slice into four triangles. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Garnish with cucumber slices and, if desired, dill sprigs. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Sort By :
"I absolutely adore these. Everyone raves about them and wants the recipe. The key to preparing these which these instructions leave out, is to slice the cucumbers and place them on a plate or a cookie sheet lines with paper towels. Sprinkle the cucumber slices with salt and let sit for a few minutes. Then dry them off real well with paper towels. Everything must be dry. This prevents your mixture from being runny. This recipe is easily doubled and I take it to events at our church. Great for a baby shower."
"I really didn't care for these much. I found the mixture to be too runny and it made the sandwiches very messy to eat."
"I left out the pimiento-stuffed olives and dill and replaced the sweet red pepper with green onion tops. They still turned out yummy; particularly on homemade wheat bread!"