Cucumber-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
This is a wonderful appetizer that you can make ahead. I often triple the recipe because they disappear fast. —Christi Martin, Elko, Nevada
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; stir in the cucumber, onion and dill. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 stuffed tomato equals 25 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC