Cucumber Soup Recipe
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Peel cucumbers; halve lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into chunks. In a blender, cover and puree cucumbers and broth in small batches.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the sour cream, vinegar, salt if desired and garlic until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Stir before serving. Garnish with tomatoes, almonds, onions and parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and fat-free sour cream and without salt) equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 reduced-fat milk.