Cucumber Soup Recipe
In Baltimore, Maryland, Beverly Sprague dresses up this milk soup with a colorful selection of savory garnishes. A topping of crunchy almonds contrasts nicely with this smooth soup.
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Peel cucumbers; halve lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into chunks. In a blender, cover and puree cucumbers and broth in small batches.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the sour cream, vinegar, salt if desired and garlic until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Stir before serving. Garnish with tomatoes, almonds, onions and parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p65
Reviews for Cucumber Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review