- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, dill and salt. Add cucumbers and onion; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cucumber Side Dish
Sort By :
This is a very refreshing salad. The thinner you slice the cucumbers the better. This always disappears fast when I make it. Thank you for sharing!
It was ok, not too popular with my group. I had a lot leftover.
To be honest, I was disappointed in this dish after I read all the positive reviews. I did increase the sugar which several reviewers suggested, but still wasn't impressed with the taste. I decided to give it a second chance tomorrow after sitting overnight.
This is the best salad ever for we love and grow cucumbers. I used 3 tablespoons of cider vinegar and increased the sugar to 2 T. + 1 teaspoon sugar. We do not like dill so I substituted celery seeds and added extra onion. I also added a little red and yellow bell pepper. Soooooo, so good!
You need to double the dressing recipe to get the results pictured.
I also added an extra 1 tsp of sugar because the cider vinegar flavor was too strong.
It's very important to let this salad sit. The first time I made this, it was bland an awful. I let it sit 3 hours the second time with the above modifications and it was perfect.
More Recipe Collections
- Cucumber Salads >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >