Cucumber Shrimp Spread
Field editor Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina likes to serve this savory spread on rye bread, but it’s just as satisfying on crackers or bagel chips.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard
- and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in the shrimp, cucumber and
- onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.
- Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons spread (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.