Field editor Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina likes to serve this savory spread on rye bread, but it’s just as satisfying on crackers or bagel chips.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in the shrimp, cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Cucumber Shrimp Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p57
Reviews for Cucumber Shrimp Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2015
"This is delicious! I make this every holiday for an appetizer, served with crackers."
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2013
"I made this recipe for a function at work and everyone loved it! Great flavors!"