- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1 medium cucumber (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, shrimp, mayonnaise, onion, mustard and dill. Spoon onto cucumber slices. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cucumber Shrimp Appetizers
"Cool, light and refreshing. Loved it as is."
"Very good; quick and easy. Just drain the pineapple really well and pat dry to avoid a soupy topping."
"Not a fan!"
"This is so quick and easy to make and it tastes delicious. It is definitely on my go to appetizer list. Used larger shrimp and just cut them up. No need to buy smaller shrimp special for this."
"It was really tasty and refreshing. I used frozen salad shrimp which is much cheaper than canned shrimp and it worked just fine."
"If I made this again I would only use half of the amount of pineapple, we thought it was too sweet."
"I just found the cucumber shriimp appetizer. You mentioned draining the pineapple. How did you use the pineapple as I didn't see it in the recipe I have. Thanks"
"Took to an anniversary party...it was a hit. Very easy and quick."
"What a delightful surprise. Very good and very easy."
"I have to watch my sodium, so this was a GREAT recipe, very flavorful.Everyone wanted the recipe.Thx.Loretta"