Cucumber Shell Salad
Ranch dressing is the mild coating for this pleasant pasta salad chock-full of crunchy cucumber, onion and green peas. "Wherever I take it, I'm always asked for the recipe," remarks Paula Ishii of Ralston, Nebraska.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium pasta shells
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, cucumber and onion.
- Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before
- serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free ranch dressing) equals 165 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.