Cucumber Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth. Place yogurt in strainer over a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard liquid in bowl; set yogurt aside. Place cucumber in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 15 minutes; discard liquid.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar until blended. Stir in the garlic, yogurt and cucumber. Yield: About 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 113 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cucumber Sauce
"Great sauce for falafel. I cut the recipe in 1/2 because I didn't need so much sauce. I still used the full cucumber and cut the rest of the ingredients in half. Turned out great!"