Cucumber Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth. Place yogurt in strainer over a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard liquid in bowl; set yogurt aside. Place cucumber in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 15 minutes; discard liquid.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar until blended. Stir in the garlic, yogurt and cucumber. Yield: About 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 113 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Cucumber Sauce
"Great sauce for falafel. I cut the recipe in 1/2 because I didn't need so much sauce. I still used the full cucumber and cut the rest of the ingredients in half. Turned out great!"