"I was introduced to a similar sandwich by a friend many years ago," recalls Karen Schriefer, Stevensville, Maryland. "I sometimes add thinly sliced onions for a change of pace," she suggests. "Along with fruit salad, it makes a light summer lunch."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 12 slices pumpernickel rye bread
- 2 to 3 medium cucumbers
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and dressing mix. Spread on one
- side of each slice of bread. Peel cucumbers if desired; thinly slice
- and place on six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.