Cucumber Salad with Peppers and Onion
This crisp and colorful salad is an ideal way to use up all that produce. “It’s so good on hot summer evenings," says NanCee Maynard of Box Elder, South Dakota. "I’ve even added chopped zucchini for variety.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cucumbers, onion and peppers. In
- a small bowl, whisk vinegar and sugar. Pour over vegetables; toss to
- coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 43 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.