Cucumber Salad for Two Recipe
A staple of Indian meals, this cooling cucumber dish is often served alongside a spicy Indian entree. —Jemima Madhavan, Lincoln, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream and salt. Add the cucumbers, onion, tomato and jalapeno; stir until blended. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC