- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, onion, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add cucumbers and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings
Reviews for Cucumber Salad(3)
Sort By :
I'd made this salad before and I made it today! I did make some modifications to suit my tastes! This time, I used 3/4 cup plain lowfat unflavored yogurt in place of the sour cream due to health issues I have
& I omitted the lemon juice! I added 1/2 tsp. salt & 1/4 tsp. pepper to taste & I used 1 packet "Equal" sweetener today.
Last time, I'd used 1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar to taste! I'd also used a thinly sliced sweet Vidalia onion the first time I'd prepared this recipe and also 1 tsp. Dijon mustard to the
dressing since I didn't have the sour cream.
This time, I used just the yogurt & 1 Tbsp.
cider vinegar as I'd made a different recipe for cucumber salad & just used the balance of the leftover dressing in THIS
dressing mixture. Both times I'd prepared this recipe, I did like it and it WAS very tasty! delowenstein
I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream to cut the calories and points down.
I added a tsp of splenda to give this a little sweeter taste. It was delicious