The fresh flavors of cucumber and smoked salmon are delicious, but it's the presentation here that will stop guests in their tracks. There's no cooking with these beauties. Just assemble and watch them disappear! —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 ounce smoked salmon or lox, cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish, garlic powder
- and curry; set aside.
- With a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut 12 very thin
- slices down the length of the cucumber; pat dry. Spread about 1
- teaspoon cream cheese mixture down the center of each cucumber
- slice. Roll up.
- Arrange salmon on top of rolls; sprinkle lightly with salt and
- pepper. Garnish with chives. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer (calculated without salt, pepper and chives) equals 41 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,