Cucumber Rolls Recipe
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 ounce smoked salmon or lox, cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish, garlic powder and curry; set aside.
- 2. With a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut 12 very thin slices down the length of the cucumber; pat dry. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture down the center of each cucumber slice. Roll up.
- 3. Arrange salmon on top of rolls; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 appetizer (calculated without salt, pepper and chives) equals 41 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer