The fresh flavors of cucumber and smoked salmon are delicious, but it's the presentation here that will stop guests in their tracks. There's no cooking with these beauties. Just assemble and watch them disappear! —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 ounce smoked salmon or lox, cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish, garlic powder and curry; set aside.
- With a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut 12 very thin slices down the length of the cucumber; pat dry. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture down the center of each cucumber slice. Roll up.
- Arrange salmon on top of rolls; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cucumber Rolls in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p46
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cucumber Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review