Move over, zucchini - Darlene Kamis has replaced you with cucumbers in this moist, cinnamony loaf. "When we have lots of cucumbers in our garden, I use them in my favorite zucchini recipes," relates the Romeoville, Illinois cook.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated seeded peeled cucumbers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Beat in sugar, cucumbers, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to cucumber mixture and beat just until combined. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Cucumber Quick Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p55
Reviews for Cucumber Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review