“I first tasted this at a ladies’ luncheon, and it was the most unusual, refreshing drink I’d had. I’ve served it numerous times since and always get requests for the recipe.” Renee Olson - Kendrick, Idaho
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 liters diet ginger ale, chilled
- 4-1/2 cups diet grapefruit or citrus soda, chilled
- With a zester or fork, score cucumbers lengthwise; cut widthwise into thin slices. In a large pitcher, combine water and lemonade concentrate; add cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, transfer cucumber mixture to a punch bowl; stir in ginger ale and grapefruit soda. Yield: 25 servings (4-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Cucumber Punch in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p31
Reviews for Cucumber Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2011
"I will not make this again. Too many ingredients for an average drink..."
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"Served this at a party and everyone loved it!"
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2010
"Have made it several times already. Anyone who loves pickles will certainly love this drink!"
Reviewed May. 21, 2010
"suggestion from magazine--Garnish you pitcher or each glass with citrus rind curls (run a zester over lemons, grapefruits, or limes) in addition to, or in place of cucumber slices.Use citrus ice cubes, prepared ahead of time, for an extra touch of color. Simply add citrus rind curls or small citrus wedges to ice-cube trays filled with water and freeze.Rub glass rims with a lime wedge; dip the rims into granulated, super-fine or coarse sugar. For an extra pop of color, use colored sugar."