Cucumber Potato Soup
Served hot or cold, this soup never fails to delight the taste buds! It's simple to make, has a nice dill flavor and is a great way to use a few potatoes and a garden cucumber. It's one of my favorites. Robert Breno
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, diced and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in salted water until very soft.
- Place sieve over a large bowl. Pour potatoes and liquid into sieve
- and force potatoes through. Return to saucepan.
- Stir in cucumber, pepper, cream, milk and onion. Simmer gently for
- about 5 minutes or until cucumber is tender. Add dill, salt and
- pepper. Serve hot or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with skim milk) equals 1 starch, 1/2 skim milk, 1 vegetable; also, 131 calories, 631 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, trace fat.