Cucumber Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, diced and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in salted water until very soft. Place sieve over a large bowl. Pour potatoes and liquid into sieve and force potatoes through. Return to saucepan.
- 2. Stir in cucumber, pepper, cream, milk and onion. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until cucumber is tender. Add dill, salt and pepper. Serve hot or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 131 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Cucumber Potato Soup
"I love potatoes and cucumbers so I love this soup. I used canned milk."
"Great soup. The family loved it."
"Surprisingly good. Bragged about this recipe a lot."