Cucumber Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, diced and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in salted water until very soft. Place sieve over a large bowl. Pour potatoes and liquid into sieve and force potatoes through. Return to saucepan.
- Stir in cucumber, pepper, cream, milk and onion. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until cucumber is tender. Add dill, salt and pepper. Serve hot or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber Potato Soup in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p25
Reviews for Cucumber Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2012
"Great soup. The family loved it."
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2010
"Surprisingly good. Bragged about this recipe a lot."