Cucumber Potato Salad Recipe
WHEN my husband had heart surgery, I had to look for recipes that were nutritious yet tasty. With just a touch of mayonnaise, this potato salad filled the bill. The quantity is just right for the two of us. When I use the microwave to cook the potatoes, I can serve it up in no time. -Martha Campbell, Belton, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place cucumber slices in a fan shape on two salad plates; top with potato salad. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC