Cucumber Potato Salad
WHEN my husband had heart surgery, I had to look for recipes that were nutritious yet tasty.
With just a touch of mayonnaise, this potato salad filled the bill. The quantity is just right for the two of us. When I use the microwave to cook the potatoes, I can serve it up in no time.
-Martha Campbell, Belton, South Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place cucumber
- slices in a fan shape on two salad plates; top with potato salad.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.