WHEN my husband had heart surgery, I had to look for recipes that were nutritious yet tasty. With just a touch of mayonnaise, this potato salad filled the bill. The quantity is just right for the two of us. When I use the microwave to cook the potatoes, I can serve it up in no time. -Martha Campbell, Belton, South Carolina
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place cucumber slices in a fan shape on two salad plates; top with potato salad. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber Potato Salad in Reminisce July/August 2000, p49
Reviews for Cucumber Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review