- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 30 slices snack rye bread
- 30 thin slices cucumber
- Fresh dill sprigs and chive blossoms
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and dressing mix until blended. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Spread on rye bread. Top each with a slice of cucumber, dill sprig and chive blossom. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cucumber Party Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This is a good, simple recipe. I used a small loaf of thinly sliced whole wheat bread because we didn't have any rye bread on hand. We all enjoyed these light, summery snacks."
"Very good and easy to make. I didn't have dill sprigs or chive blossoms available, so I sprinkled a little dill weed AND paprika on top. Tasty and nice appearance."
"I didnt have Italian dressing mix, so I used Kraft Italian red pepper dressing in place. Everyone loved the sandwiches, but also thought it would make a good dip for chips or pretzels."
"I am new to cooking and entertaining. This recipe is really easy and everyone loves it."
"I made these for our school art fair reception using the Outback pumpernickle bread instead of rye, and they were devoured by everyone. i was surprised that the teenagers loved these so much. A little extra time to make, but so worth it. Make the spread ahead to give time for flavors to meld."