Cucumber Fruit Salad
From Roggen, Colorado, Trudie Hagen sends this tasty twist on a traditional Waldorf salad. Cool cucumber and juicy grapes give this summer salad its light and refreshing difference.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, apple and grapes. In a small
- bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and parsley. Pour over cucumber
- mixture and toss to coat. Stir in walnuts if desired. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with nonfat sour cream and without walnuts) equals 87 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.