Cucumber Fennel Salad
Looking for ways to use up cukes from your garden? Our Test Kitchen home economists suggests this refreshing side as a cool addition to backyard barbecues and picnic lunches. A hint of dill and lemon nicely seasons and the crunchy cucumber, fennel and sweet onion slices.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 large cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion and fennel. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake
- well. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until
- chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 80 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.