Looking for ways to use up cukes from your garden? Our Test Kitchen home economists suggests this refreshing side as a cool addition to backyard barbecues and picnic lunches. A hint of dill and lemon nicely seasons and the crunchy cucumber, fennel and sweet onion slices.
- 3 large cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion and fennel. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber Fennel Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p8
Reviews for Cucumber Fennel Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review