Cucumber Dill Spread
For a delightfully different way to serve refreshing cucumbers, try this recipe. This creamy spread is so good with crackers or vegetables.Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup finely diced seeded cucumber
- Assorted crackers or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the lemon juice,
- onion, dill, horseradish and pepper sauce. Fold in cucumber. Cover
- and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers or fresh
- vegetables. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoon (prepared with fat-free cream cheese) equals 23 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.