"This is a favorite standby of mine when I need a quick appetizer," says Kathryn Goecke of Montrose, Colorado. The creamy dill dip, with chunks of shrimp and cucumber, makes a nice change from the standard shrimp and cocktail sauce.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup diced unpeeled cucumber
- Assorted fresh vegetables or assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the sour cream, cream cheese, dill and salt until blended. Set aside three shrimp and 2 tablespoons cucumber for garnish.
- Finely chop the remaining shrimp; add to sour cream mixture. Add remaining cucumber. Garnish with reserved shrimp and cucumbers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber-Dill Shrimp Dip in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p5
Reviews for Cucumber-Dill Shrimp Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review