Cucumber Dill Salad Recipe
This crisp and tangy salad from our Test Kitchen hits the spot on warm afternoons and evenings. Sprinkling the cucumbers with salt and letting them sit draws out excess water so they stay nice and crisp.
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumber slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring once. Rinse and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, dill, sugar and pepper. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber Dill Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p50
Reviews for Cucumber Dill Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cucumber Salads >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salad Recipes For Two >