Cucumber Dill Dip
This cool and creamy dip keeps the oven free for other foods on Thanksgiving. You can make the base in advance, then stir in the cucumber just before serving. Judith Smith, Wymore, Nebraska
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- Assorted fresh vegetables and/or crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, dill,
- salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just
- before serving, stir in cucumber. Serve with vegetables and/or
- crackers. Yield: about 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 61 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.