Hints of pineapple and cucumber add unique fresh flavor to these delicate appetizers shared by Jeannie Klugh from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The tasty bites make a beginning to boast about for any meal or light spring luncheon.
Recommended: 17 Tea Sandwich Recipes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or imitation crabmeat
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dill, mustard and seafood seasoning. Stir in the crab and pineapple. Spread over cucumber slices. Sprinkle with onions. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cucumber Crab Bites in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p55
Reviews for Cucumber Crab Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review