Cucumber Couscous Salad Recipe
Chicken or grilled salmon are perfect alongside this refreshing salad. Its combination of cucumber and dill tastes great, and couscous makes it a hearty side dish. —Evelyn Lewis of Independence, Missouri
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, cucumbers, red pepper and onions. Whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, dill, vinegar, oil,
- 3. salt and pepper. Pour over couscous mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup: 126 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cucumber Couscous Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC