- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into eight sticks
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise; with a spoon, remove and discard the seeds. cut a thin slice from bottom of each cucumber half if necessary so it sits flat. In a bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon into cucumber halves. Add tomatoes for people and carrot sticks for paddles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber Canoes in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p41
Reviews for Cucumber Canoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
My sister made these exactly as stated and they were delicious and very cute!
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2010
This recipe was gret and easy. if you think you may eat a lot of it a way to change it would be to substitute chicken for the tuna