Cucumber Canapes Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise (no substitutes)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme, basil, parsley flakes and dill weed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) white or rye bread
- 2 medium cucumbers, scored and thinly sliced
- Diced pimientos and additional dill weed
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion, chives, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings. Cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 2. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out circles from bread slices. Spread mayonnaise mixture over bread; top with cucumber slices. Garnish with pimientos and dill. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 canape: 120 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cucumber Canapes
"I have been making this for get togethers since it first appeared in the Taste of Home magazine years ago and it always gets rave reviews. Thanks for a great magazine and website!"
"You say use a 2 1/2 inch cutter for the bread, yet the picture shows ONE cucumber slice covering the entire surface. A cucumber that big would not be delicious. I have not made this yet."