Cucumber and Shrimp Sunomono
While studying Japanese culture in the 4th grade, our class celebrated with a big feast, where I shared this salad. It's refreshing...and a special touch to any meal.Pam Chicou, San Jose, California
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2-2/3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 package (4 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, bean sprouts and shrimp. In a
- small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce and sugar; pour over salad
- and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 59 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.