This is one of the first recipes I came up with myself. It's a great salad for picnics or potlucks. I never come home with an empty bowl! —Brynn Steckman, Westerville, Ohio
- 2 small English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, about 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber and Red Onion Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p44
Reviews for Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2014
"Love it! So simple and refreshing. Great recipe to use for the abundance of cucumbers from my garden!"
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2013
"Light and simple to put together. Will make again."
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2012
"Something Martha would be proud of!"