Cucumber and Red Onion Salad Recipe
This is one of the first recipes I came up with myself. It's a great salad for picnics or potlucks. I never come home with an empty bowl! —Brynn Steckman, Westerville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 2 small seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cucumbers and red onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegars, salt, pepper and oil. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 31 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC