- 2 small English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, about 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
"Read her description again, suefryray. It says, "I ALWAYS come home with an empty bowl!" It doesn't say NEVER. Sometimes people are too quick to be judgmental about the posted recipes and speak out before they know what they are talking about. Great salad Brynn Steckman :-)"
"very good! will make again for sure"
"If you never come home with an EMPTY bowl, it must not be that good. I am sure this is not what you meant to type in your description."
"Love it! So simple and refreshing. Great recipe to use for the abundance of cucumbers from my garden!"
"Light and simple to put together. Will make again."
"Something Martha would be proud of!"